Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Travel Disaster

     Oh my goodness I have never been so bad at traveling as I have been this trip. We started by flying from Kona to Maui then straight to Honolulu. The connections were super tight and some how in the midst of it all I left mynkindle on a plain which is a tradgey and will continue to br a tradgey because I have to spend so much time on planes. I was also in the middle of a good book. I was able to download and sync my books to my tablet but it is harder to read on and has very little battery life.
     Our nest issue was trying to get to LA. We had to leave the terminal, get our bags and check them on another terminal in a short amount of time. We had a little confusion with our booking and had to scurry around the air port to get to the right place and get every thing checked. By the time we got through security it was pretty late. I ran to quiznos to grt some dinner for us and left my credit card there. We slept on thenplane to LA. Well I only sort of slept. I had one kid with a head on my lap and another with on my arm. About two hours into the flight.the nerves in my leg got all weird and started to hurt. After dislodging a child I still couldn't go to sleep. When we got to LA we got on a party bus and went to a hostel for a bit more sleep. This morning we got up and got some breakfast. I have told Rob and Tanya about biscuts and gravey before. They had it on the menu so I ordered it thinking they could try it but it was not nice biscuts and gravey. I failed to fend off their attempts to taste beause I didn't want their first impression of biscuts and gravy to be yucky but alas I failed and they tried it.
    Getting through security in LA wasn't difficult at all. Air New Zealand leaves from possibly the crappiest terminal ever. They only had two places to eat, a starbucks and a news stand but everything closed after we got there and they started packing up the shops because the leases expired and they wouldn't renew them.
    While we were waitimg to board I noticed that the soul has torn off the heel pf one of my boots. I only brought boots and flip flops so I am hoping to get some boots tomorrow.
    On our flight from LA I was sleeping and a man tried to get something from the over head compartment and dropped a heavy hard sided purse on my head. It was a very unpleasent way to wake up. My head is also quite sore.
     Despite all the drama and losses we have finally arrived! Now I just have to get ready to go to Denmark tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment