Monday, October 20, 2014

Heading to Stavanger

     I am not normally enthralled by plane rides but this one happened to be especially beautiful. The flight left Oslo at 7 am before the sun rose. We flew up thrpugh a heavy layer of clouds. Once on top of the clouds I could see thenhints of sun rise. It looked as though the plane was floating on a layer of clouds. Behind us was a layer of light orange creating a blue hombre effect into the ink blue of the night sky. Above the hombre ansliver of the moon still shown bright white. Looking towards the front of the planrnit appeared as though we were flying into the night and being chased by the sunrise. Ahead of us was a navy blue sky scattered with more stars than I have seen since I left Montana. As the flight went on we were chased by a pink and orange sunrise.
    I tried to take a picture and to describe it accuratly but I am not sure I have done the experience justice. I know the photo won't do it justice as thencamera lense on my tablet is not wide enough nor clear enough to capture it accuratly. It may just be one of those things you have to see,

No comments:

Post a Comment