Sunday, October 19, 2014

Denmark Part Three :(

    Last nigth Ninna and her boyfriend took me out. In case you are wondering I don't write her boyfriend's name because I can't spell it. First we went to a pool bar. We had to wait a bit for a pool table so we got drinks while we were waiting. Here you can choose what size of drink. I wanted to know the difference between a small and a medium but some how ended up with a medium that was enormous! I wish I had taken a picture of it. The glass was so bit that I had to carrynit with two hands when it was full. Part of it was an optical illusion though because it was a very thick glass which helped 2ith the weight and size to make it look so big. After a bit we got a pool table. At this bar you pay for the amount of time that you play insteadnof per game which is a bit of a bummer because I used to be able to spend ages ona fifty cent game. I won against Ninna's boyfriend because he put the eight ball in. Ninna won against me and then she and her boyfriend played. While they were playing I had a weird experience going to the toilet. I was headed for the restroom and this guy out of the blue asked me if I was an American. I was shocked and stared at him for a second before he wandered off. I am sure he heard me talking or something but it was quite odd.
    After some pool we headed for the Irsih bar which was unfortunatly closed. Ninna wanted to show it to me because they only speak English there. Instead we went to anotner bar they hadn't been in before. It was quiet enough for us to have a drink and chat which was nice. A guy came up to us and asked Ninna if she was American (which I think is funny because she sounds way more kiwi than American). It turned out that he was from Poland near where Ninna's boyfriend is from. The Polish guy sat down with us for a bit before we left.
     This morning we had a sleep in. It was so so nice. We had planned to go to Lego Land but it was raining so we decided against it. It didn't seem like it would be fun to be riding rides while wet and cold. While I am sad that we didn't go I think it was the right choice. Instead of Lego Land they took me to a city called Blånd (I think that's how you spell it). It is a big tourist city. We wandered around through the town a bit. There were loads of cool shops. Ninna's boyfriend was a trooper. Wandering around between shops definitly wasn't his thing but he didn't complain. After edhausting the window shopping in town we went to a rrec center to swim. They had two water slides and two different pools. One of the water slides was totally black inside and ended in a cave. It was super cool. Thenother water slide was definitly intended fornkidsnbut we rode it any way.They had two hot tubs as well. The hot tubs have red and green lights nest to them. When the light turns rednypu have to get out because thenhot tub cleans itsself. I thought it was pretty cool but they did spend more time in a cleaning cycle than a sitting cycle. It was fun to have a relaxing day goofing off in the water.
    After swimming we were hungry so we got some Danish ice cream with guf. I got dark chocolate and strawberry this time. The ice cream here is much creamier than at home. I really like it. To prevent a food coma we took a quick walk on the beach neare by. It was really windy and crowded. Apparently it is always suoer crowded like that. Coming from NZ where people don't hang out on beaches much during winter it was funny to see everyone walking along the beach all bundled up. There were lots of people flying kites. Itnreminded me of going to the Oregon coast with my family and flying kites.
    We drove to Billund and had some dinner. We had pizza for dinner which was fun because I got to show Ninna American pizza at Sal's in NZ and now she got to show me Danish pizza. They don't use nearly as much cheese or sauce as on an American pizza. The pizzas were thin crust but not quite as crunchy as the thin crust I would get at home. They also have different topping choices. I am learning that peperoni, which I once thought was the most popupar pizza flavor, is an American thing. They had lots of pizzas on the menu with beef, spaghetti and onion toppings. We thought about trying a spaghetti pizza but neither Ninna nor her boyfriend like them that much and I wasn't very interested in trying it. One of the pizzas we got was an extra meat extra cheese pizza which was similar to an American pizza but was still lacking the sauce. The sausage they put on their pizza is more like a hot dog than the American sausage. I asked Ninna and it turns out they don't have ground sausage. They also wouldn't eat sausasge for breakfast. They do have sausage every where though. It is at fast food places. While we were at the swimming place they got a sausage, fries, onions and curry ketchup. It was an interesting dish. Not my favorite though. I think that America is really lacking in the sausage department. When I got to NZ I thought they had tons of sausage but after being with Ninna for a short bit I realize that Denmark has loads of sausage.
    After dinner they dropped me off at the air port. I am so grateful that Ninna was able to have me for the weekend and that her father loaned us the car. I know that it is buys for her to have guests while in univeristy and I really appreciate her making time for me. I am also very grateful to her boyfriend (even thought I can't spell his name) for letting me invade his home and make him speak English. Thank you so much.
Hi hi Denmark. (Hi hi is Danish for bye)

No comments:

Post a Comment