Sunday, June 19, 2016

Avalanche City

     On Friday I was working in lab when I got a text from a friend asking if I wanted two tickets to the Avalanche City concert that night. She wasn't able to go because she was going to be stuck at work. It was pretty late Friday so I didn't have a lot of time. I texted my friend Alix. Luckily she was keen and on campus. I finished my experiments as quickly as I could and we headed off to the venue which wasn't too far from uni. I was starving so we stopped at an Ale House near the venue (called Power Station). Around 730 the opening band came on. It was more a singer than a band. His name was Carian McMkeen. He is a local guy. I liked his music. I hadn't heard any of it before. 
    After that Avalance City came on. They are a New Zealand band. The lead singer is David Baxter. There was also a drummer, pianist, trumpet/xylophone player and a various string instrument player. David played the guitar. The trumpet player had a go at trumpet and xylophone. My favourite guy was the one who played bass, guitar, ukulele, a mini banjo type thing and an instrument I've never seen before and do t know the name of. I was super impressed at all of the instruments that were played. 
    I only knew a few of their songs but I still really enjoyed the concert. It was an interesting mix of people. There were people from my age to older than my Dad. I'm super lucky that I got to go. I highly suggest looking up some of their music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment